Saturday, November 12, 2016

What are your "non-negotiables"?

Below is a list of my non-negotiables, the things that for me are never okay and that I will never accept or condone:
  • Racism
  • Bigotry
  • Sexism
  • Misogyny
  • Sexual assault
  • Religious persecution
  • Discrimination because of sexual orientation
  • Bullying
  • Cheating workers out of money they have earned
  • Defrauding the poor and desperate
  • Mocking the handicapped
  • Disrespecting those who have suffered or died for this country
People tell me I should respect Donald Trump because he is President-elect, but how can I respect a man who has repeatedly demonstrated ALL of these things (not to mention arrogance, ignorance and shameless, bald-faced lying)? If I accept him, then I am tacitly accepting everything he's said and done -- and everything he has threatened to do as President.

All of us have to ask ourselves, in our heart of hearts, what is not negotiable for us.

I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment